Fashion // Joules Wishlist

Friday 11 September 2015



1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 

I don't think I can express my love for the new Joules collection enough. There is navy, florals, double layering, tweed skirts, padded floral coats, cable knit jumpers and cute knitted animal jumpers! Wow, I am excited to start wearing some of this and to keep myself warm now that the colder days are slowly setting in. I have one jumper in my wardrobe that has survived the last few winters and that is pretty much it. A shopping trip is definitely needed soon. There is so much still to come from the Autumn and Winter ranges so I am looking forward to seeing what garments come through and how they could be layered. 

1 // Ok, I know I have a family dog but I have always wanted a little dog of my own since I was a kid and the little dog on this Intarsia Jumper in Fennel is one I could see myself having. So my theory to justify getting this jumper is "can't have the actual dog so why knot have the dog knitted on a jumper". You agree right? I love the colour too, I don't think I have ever worn or owned a garment in this colour before. With a simple pair of jeans and Converses you can easily be on your way to a conversational outfit perfect for the Autumn weather.

2 // This woven double effect layer top is something I think is so simple but adds a lot to a basic jeans and top outfit. With the deep navy colour and ditsy print that is stitched to the bottom it doesn't need much accessorising unless you want to add a small bracelet or necklace. This could be worn with jeans for a day time look or cigarette pants for a night time / dinner out look and, because of the shape, you would probably want to keep the bottom half tighter with simple footwear like the flats suggested.

3 // I do love a good old check shirt and this Cotton Oxford Shirt is not the usual style of a check shirt I would normally be drawn in to but think it is the perfect companion for layering with knitted jumpers on the colder days. Not only would it sit under the cute dog jumper with jeans and these Dark Brown Chelsea Boots, but would also go nicely with one of Joules' famous Wensley Scarfs to add a pop of colour and a print. This Navy V Neck Jumper or Button Through Cardigan in Caramel is another layering option that brings some more character to the shirt yet still looks effortless. 

4 // This Stripe Top in Navy is similar to the traditional Harbour I have just got but love how this one has the band of a different blue hue to break up the traditional navy and white stripes. It is has that effortless, almost French feel to it which can be layered with, again, a Wensley scarf like this one in Antique Gold Bloom one that I also got. These kind of tops are becoming a little thicker now (obviously) so it is ideal to partner a lighter fabric to mix fabrics, print and textures. 

5 // I've been hoping to get a simple knitted jumper this Autumn and when I saw this Dropped Shoulder Jumper in Soft Grey Marl I think I found a winner. I love on cold days to make my outfit cosy with jeans, boots, a scarf and an easy jumper like this one. To add colour I would again pair it with a Wensley scarf or I would add something knitted to make it all that more cosy and this Laurel Leaf Check Scarf would be my ideal match. Grey is such an easy colour to wear and goes with an array of bright colours to brighten up your outfit ... and your day.

6 // As I said before I love check shirts. I wish I had more of them! When I saw this Long Line Check Shirt in Soft Navy on the website I knew straight away I just have to get my hands on it. It is ideal to just through this on in the morning and accessorise with either some Chelsea boots for a smarter casual look or some Converses for a more laid back casual look. When it really does start to get colder you can layer with a jumper like this Painted Horse Marsha Intarsia Jumper to combine some fun and warmth.

Shop the NEW COLLECTION over on the Joules website. Which one is your favourite from the new collection?
- Speak soon, LJ X

No comments:

Post a Comment