Where To Start?

Thursday 6 August 2015

Definition of haven in English:

noun

1. A place of safety or refuge:
a haven for wildlife
Well, I'm sat here anxiously thinking of how I can start the first post of my new blog and, if I'm honest, I have no bloomin' idea so I will just do what I do best and ramble.
So, lets begin by saying welcome to The Haven, a blog I have wanted to start for a very long time now and have only just had the confidence to start thanks to a few select people and my massive urge to blog a lot more. I love writing and I have done since I was little when I used to write stories, poems, comedy sketches (yes I did use to write mini comedy shows and read them out to Grandparents, my Nan being my biggest fan) and I've had different blogs over the years. You may know me from Lisa Jayne Textiles, the blog I've been writing since University and now I want to start a more personal blog where I can discuss all my goings on. I have a lot of plans for this blog and I hope they all become reality. It won't be the perfect blog I want it to be from the word go and it will change so much over the course of writing it, but isn't that the fun of having a blog? I have a lot of plans for this little blog of mine so watch this space!
Come and join me as I discuss my favourite outfits, my wish lists, blogs I'm reading, things I'm trying and day trips out. I want to use this blog as a platform for me to do more exciting things so I can write about it, it's a chance to take more pictures and share more things outside of my textile blog. Drawing, writing and reading have always been my escape routes and this blog is something I can dive in to when things are getting too much and I need an escape - hence the name of The Haven. And whose knows, if you like reading the blog and chatting about what I'm writing about then it could become your Haven too!

No comments:

Post a Comment